Lithia Motors, Inc.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Finance will work with the VP, Investor Relations & Treasurer on managing external relationships and ensuring strong and consistent messaging with company’s financial partners. The Senior Manager, Corporate Finance will also be responsible for managing corporate liquidity, investments, and risk management related to the company's financial activities.
The Senior Manager, Corporate Finance reports to the Vice President, Investor Relations & Treasurer.
- Oversees activities of the Treasury and Corporate Finance teams (approximately 8 FTEs); manages, trains, and coaches individuals by providing constructive feedback for employee development.
- Develop key performance indicators to track and evaluate treasury operations effectiveness including but not limited to cash forecasting, bank fees, merchant fees, interest expense, and bank relationship management.
- Strategically directs, recommends, and implements the appropriate Treasury / Payments / Accounting Policies and Procedures that streamline, automate, and simplify or improve existing processes.
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures to ensure adequate level of controls over treasury activities
CASH & WORKING CAPITAL MANAGEMENT
- Oversees cash flow forecasts and performs financial modeling that link cash activities to the financial statements and general ledger.
- Supervises the analyses and evaluates trends of bank and merchant transactions and activities.
- Acts as liaison on behalf of the Treasury Department to Accounting, FP&A, and other departments.
BANK RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Manages relationships and expectations with financial institution service providers and coordinates relationship reviews.
- Oversees and creates scorecards to evaluate services provided by each financial institution.
- Evaluates volume and pricing trends across banks and businesses
- Optimizes bank account and merchant processing structures to minimize fees and ensure operational efficiency
- Drives special projects and takes a proactive approach to streamlining processes, reducing costs and monitoring performance, including expense reduction, bank fee and transaction volume analysis, etc.
- Oversee the company’s capital strategy and structure including managing commercial lending, credit rating agency and banking relationships, monitoring debt structures, managing debt covenants and liquidity needs
- Manage the process to create reporting and monitoring of company capital needs to provide direction and value-add related to forecasted cash flow positions, related borrowing needs and funds available for investment. Advise the management team on the liquidity aspects of short and long-term forecast and plans.
- Manage risk associated with liquidity including interest rates risk, balance sheet risk, investment structure and risk tolerance
- Evaluates alternative short and long-term borrowing strategies and makes recommendations in accordance with the capital structure guidelines
- Reviews, approves and distributes Compliance Certificates
- Track credit metrics including leverage ratio, interest coverage, and free cash flow generation.
- Develop expertise in company debt covenants and track debt, investment, and restricted payment capacity; track bond performance vs peer bond levels.
- Support high-yield debt and/or equity transactions, work with underwriters, external counsel, and ratings agencies to ensure optimal execution.
- Manages the Share Repurchase Program and rotations
- Negotiates 10b-18 and 10b-5 documents and ensures adherence to blackout dates and Rules
- Evaluates ROI and effectiveness of Share Buybacks
MERGERS, ACQUISITIONS, & DIVESTITURES
- Provides support and planning for acquisitions by reviewing information related to cash and debts, including new bank accounts and communication to appropriate personnel; ensuring all treasury issues are identified prior to completion of the transaction.
- Coordinates the integration / divestiture of acquisitions and dispositions
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
- Commitment - Strives to become a dynamic and dedicated leader who is committed to the standards and mission of Lithia, by providing opportunities for our people to excel and grow in a positive, respectful work environment
- Innovator - Creates positive change by taking on new challenges and providing solutions to improve current processes that add value
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen