Area of Responsibility
- Participate in the recruiting, interviewing and hiring process for new Tech Support Staff including new hire setup requests and any required accompanying paperwork.
- Attracts, develops, influences, mentors and retains key team members.
- Provide and coordinate training as needed and ensure all staff are trained to properly execute their job responsibilities.
- Assist with managing shift scheduling, coverage, PTO and breaks to ensure proper phone and queue coverage.
- Supervise staff on shift, provide leadership and guidance and address escalations from the team.
- Perform quality review, and provide coaching to drive improvement and continued success.
- Assist with providing data for metrics as assigned and work with management and team to meet goals within shift
- Enforce all team standards and procedures across shift
- Work with employees to provide coaching and feedback and to address any areas for improvement up to and including preparation for disciplinary action.
- Oversee On-Call Support staffing, equipment and procedures
- Provides regular status updates on Call Center operations, support/maintenance issues, and Call Center systemic enhancements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and perform good time management
- Possesses ability to define expectations, coach, and train, motivate, and guide team members.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal experience in customer service/support or similar environment including excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates problem solving and analytical skills. Adaptable and flexible with the ability to accept, create, and manage change.
- Must be willing to adhere to a flexible work schedule to include evenings, weekends, holidays, and rotating on call schedule.
- Ability to work well under pressure, stressful situations and to meet and exceed deadlines and expectations.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently manage multiple tasks using prioritization techniques.
- Provide the highest level of customer support at all interaction to the external and internal customers.
- Must be a self-motivated, goal driven individual who is eager to take on new and challenging responsibilities.
- Experienced in creating and administering quality assurance standards
- Ability to maintain a high level of trust and confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s degree in related IT field preferred
- IT Related certifications preferred
- Experiences – Experience managing, telephone based technicians and call center operations is a must.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in customer service/technical support
- Minimum 2 years supervisory or lead experience in Customer Service environment
- Working knowledge of Windows, iOS, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, Exchange
- High level knowledge of LAN, WAN, VoIP, Server environments, etc.
- Experience leading meetings and creating training documents
- Experience coaching for both improvement and success
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills and adaptability
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
- Commitment - Strives to become a dynamic and dedicated leader who is committed to the standards and mission of Lithia, by providing opportunities for our people to excel and grow in a positive, respectful work environment
- Innovator - Creates positive change by taking on new challenges and providing solutions to improve current processes that add value
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
- This position requires a minimum of 5 days of scheduled time weekly. Weekends, travel and longer hours are required for specific assignments and depending on the ability of your team to complete assigned tasks.
- This position may require some travel, potentially over a weekend
- Most duties are performed in an office environment with extensive time at a computer and on phone calls.
- Will require the ability to move equipment and lift boxes
- May require the ability to work remotely
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).