Area of Responsibility
- Expertise in core credit risk functions, such as underwriting analysis, loss forecasting, monitoring, and credit risk policies
- Able to deploy strong risk and analytic judgment honed via experience to make decisions, e.g., how credit policy rules impact approval rates
- Ability to not only interpret data but also leverage innovative thinking to hypothesize, design tests, create new data and deploy data science or statistical methods
- Able to articulate and document thorough business requirements for automated decision engines
- Able to provide leadership and mentorship to a team of technical analysts
- Technical skills necessary to give team members guidance on how to manipulate, analyze, and trouble-shoot complex analytic problems
- Familiarity with data manipulation techniques and pros / cons to different statistical methods of analysis
- Partnership skills with Risk Operations, Product, and Technology to ensure analyses drive to actionable outcomes
- Experience managing relationships with third party data providers
- Ability to oversee and execute complex, cross-functional initiatives using project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to facilitate dissemination of proposals/recommendations to the broader organization across all levels and functions
- Experience in developing predictive scoring models, segmentation schemas, underwriting rules and model validations.
- Plan and execute predictive modelling and analytics projects.
- Develop metrics and KPI’s for reporting across the loan lifecycle.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to manage data logistics – including data transfers, access to third-party tracking/reporting tools, understanding data structures, business rules, etc. – to enable project execution.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in credit risk policy and analysis, credit risk management or modeling in financial services industry in a role that drives business decisions through analytics
- Experience in the Consumer Lending industry (mortgage, auto, credit card, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Quantitative Discipline or Equivalent, Finance required. MBA or master’s degree in the related field highly preferred.
- Strong skills in various data analysis and visualization tools including SQL, Tableau, Excel and PowerPoint are required. Proficiency with statistical tools (SAS, R) is preferred.
- Proven project management skills, ability to manage multiple projects.
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills in order to actively lead and implement ideas in a cross-functional team environment.
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
- Commitment - Strives to become a dynamic and dedicated leader who is committed to the standards and mission of Lithia, by providing opportunities for our people to excel and grow in a positive, respectful work environment
- Innovator - Creates positive change by taking on new challenges and providing solutions to improve current processes that add value
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).