Area of Responsibility
- Participating in design, implementation, and support a data warehouse and analytics platform utilizing Azure cloud technology
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using Microsoft SSIS and/or Azure cloud technology.
- Explore and learn the latest Azure technologies to provide new capabilities and increase efficiency
- Work with top-notch technical professionals developing complex systems at scale and with a focus on sustained operational excellence
- Collaborate with DW developers; for products that require reporting data and ensure that datasets are in place and are used consistently internally/externally
- Collaborate with data governance; ensure all existing data is created in the right way, and that new data is created according to appropriate standards and with proper documentation
- Read, write, and configure code for end-to-end service telemetry, alerting and self-healing capabilities
- Strive for continuous improvement of code quality and development practices
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer sciences, Analytics, Systems Eng., Statistics or related field
- SSIS, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Services
- Excellent Knowledge of SQL and exposure to SSAS
- 5+ years of experience with relevant technologies, enterprise reporting systems, data analytics
- 5+ years of experience in working as an analytics or data engineering member working with cross functional teams
- Experience working with enterprise reporting systems, data analytics.
- Familiarity with Azure cloud platform.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Willingness to adapt to and self-learn new technologies and deliver on them
- Working knowledge of CI/CD
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
- Commitment - Strives to become a dynamic and dedicated leader who is committed to the standards and mission of Lithia, by providing opportunities for our people to excel and grow in a positive, respectful work environment
- Innovator - Creates positive change by taking on new challenges and providing solutions to improve current processes that add value (mgmt. only)
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).