Area of Responsibility
This includes but is not limited to:
- Active Recruiting (25%)
- Source, pre-screen and interview candidates for core positions
- Support the Corporate Recruiting Manager with the sourcing, screening, and interviewing candidates for management, hard to fill and/or critical need positions
- University Relations (25%)
- Be the face of Lithia at Career Fairs with local colleges and universities
- Develop and maintain existing relationships with local colleges and universities
- Be the main contact for Hiring Managers and Interns for the Lithia Internship program
- Candidate Experience (25%)
- Continually work towards developing a better candidate and new team member 1st day experience
- Coach recruiters and Hiring Managers on interviewing skills, assessments, and effective use of hiring resources
- Review and approval responsibility of individual candidate background results and exception hires
- Proactively work with Hiring Managers and Human Resources to identify and facilitate growth of a top internal talent pool.
- Manage the interview process for the candidates, including building tours, handoff to interviewer, and building interview packets.
- Hiring Manager Experience (25%)
- Partner with Recruiters, Hiring Managers, GVPs and Senior Recruiting Managers to ensure customer focused, “right fit” candidates are selected for filling positions
- Partner on the creation of and implement effective recruiting marketing campaigns that are focused on sourcing qualified candidates. Marketing materials will include multi-channel advertisements, hiring events, career fairs and targeted job programs
- Implement effective communications with and in support of Hiring Managers. Directly engage Hiring Managers on a consistent basis; travel to key markets.
- Support the Human Resource Business Partner on workforce strategy initiative and keep them informed of appropriate items
- Other duties as assigned
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – Gives full attention to the words and body language of others, takes time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Excellent interpersonal communication & presentation skills – Ability to present and communicate information in a clear and professional manner to diverse groups and target audiences
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time in a fast-paced multi-dimensional environment
- AA or undergraduate degree in Business, Human Resources or related field
- Proficient typing and data entry skills
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).