Area of Responsibility
Daily job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to:
- Vacuuming, sweeping, and mopping of flooring and stairs
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms
- Clean sinks, countertops, microwaves, and refrigerators in break rooms
- Cleans interior and exterior windows.
- Restock supplies in bathrooms, break rooms and common areas
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners, clean receptacles as necessary
- Maintain janitorial equipment in a clean, safe and operable condition
- Proper labeling, dilution and use of all chemicals
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment at all times
- Order cleaning supplies as necessary
Additional Area of Responsibility could include
- Minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment. (Major repairs are performed under the supervision of licensed maintenance workers.)
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Maintains records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts; orders parts as needed.
- General maintenance of grounds
- Other routine maintenance duties as assigned
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Mathematical Calculations – ability to calculate in all units of measures
- Time Management – ability to manage one’s own time
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 2/3 of the time, sitting to 1/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time, driving vehicle to 1/3 of time, move, transport or place up to 2/3 of time up to 50 pounds.
- Working Conditions: Moderate to loud noise and exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).