Lithia Motors, Inc.
The Inventory Analyst will be responsible for providing specialized expertise in vehicle inventory analytics.
The Inventory Analyst reports to the Vehicle Inventory Services Manager.
Area of Responsibility
- Analyze vehicle financial data by collecting, monitoring and creating financial impact models for decision support.
- Perform vehicle audits between syndicated bank floorplan statement and the General Ledger to ensure accuracy and timeliness of vehicle payoffs.
- Conduct various ad-hoc audits to ensure proper financial control policies and guidelines are being achieved.
- Evaluate and analyze company vehicle inventory needs including the administration of manufacturer access and the periodic review of accounts, structures, and related statuses in order to optimize fees and efficiencies.
- Support and work with supervisors in planning for acquisitions by reviewing information related to vehicle inventory, including manufacturer data, as well as communication to appropriate personnel; ensure all vehicle issues are identified prior to completion of the transaction.
- Complete reconciliations between syndicated floorplan statements and general ledger for inventory and debt related accounts ensuring accuracy and analysis of large or unusual reconciling items.
- Assist with month-end procedures including fluctuation analysis of flooring and inventory related accounts and balances.
- Maintain communication with accounting and finance teams in order to facilitate and ensure the company’s timely and effective month-end close.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Ability to prepare forecasts and analyze trends,
- Proven skills in account analysis, problem-solving, and attention to detail.
- Must have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel; experience with data query/data management tools extremely helpful.
- The ideal candidate will have good inter-personal skills, work well with teams, and demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills.
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 2-4 years of previous experience in a related role
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen