Lithia Motors, Inc.
Systems Administrator II
The Systems Administrator II is part of the team responsible for the design, maintenance and upkeep of enterprise windows systems. Some focus will be directed to day to day tasks and escalated helpdesk tickets but this position will also be involved with projects and providing technical expertise and strategy around Windows Servers, VMware infrastructure, Shared Storage, Email and Cloud hosted platforms.
- Participate in the technical research and development to enable continuing innovation with the infrastructure.
- Maintain and upgrade Commvault backup system to ensure RPO and RTO objectives area met.
- Maintain Enterprise wide Anti-Virus and client/server security systems and related technologies.
- Update Active Domain critical systems and modify as necessary to stay ahead of business needs (AD, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP).
- Assist in the upgrades of systems by conferring with peers and vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Monitor, configure, and assist with troubleshooting of Wireless infrastructure.
- Keep knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Maintain existing PowerShell scripts and identify possible scenarios where PowerShell automation would be helpful.
- Accomplish organization goals by embracing personal ownership for new and different requests, exploring technical opportunities which add IT and business value.
- Helps maintains server and infrastructure performance by monitoring and tuning as needed. Troubleshooting servers, and escalating problems to peers, vendors or business partners as necessary.
- Assist with File share and security group design hosting strategy, structure and maintenance.
- Proactive engagement in areas of responsibility to ensure the highest level of customer service possible.
- Office 365 exchange licensing, acquisition migrations, troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Participates in rotating on-call duties
- Strive to always improve the customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate sharing of knowledge.
- Take personal ownership of customers issues, and follow problems through to resolution, ensuring complete and thorough solutions for both internal external customers.
- At all times, demonstrate commitment to live and practice Lithia’s core values.
- Adhere to customer service standards as required by your supervisor.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times through professional personal interactions, verbal exchanges, or in writing.
- Project a professional appearance and attitude at all times, to ensure a positive reflection on computer services.
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by the Director of Information Technology.
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines.
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- 3-5+ years of IT experience, related to infrastructure, servers, storage and virtualization.
- Proficient in MS Office and Visio.
- Ability to set priorities and perform a variety of complex and broad work assignments.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills.
- Keep relevant documentation for all areas of responsibility.
- Proficient with scripting (PowerShell) or other relevant automation and scripting technologies.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking less than 2/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching less than 1/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place less than 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds.
- Working Conditions: Generally indoor office setting and occasional outdoor environments.
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).