Area of Responsibility
- Primary area of responsibility is in designing highly scalable and secure solutions to drive growth of our business capability to deliver world class experiences to employees and our customers
- Develops an application rationalization roadmap that describes Lithia’s current state; inclusive of legacy applications that are being supported; what has been achieved over the past two years; what must be done immediately to remediate risks to the Lithia’s Support Services/Dealership Operations and our consumers; what will be done in increments to bring the architecture to a sustainable state; and, what is Lithia’s strategy for rationalizing and modernizing its applications over the next 5-years
- Identifies areas of strategic technical debt and creates a cost/benefit analysis for resolving said debt
- Analyzes the current IT ecosystem application architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements – and, then evolves Lithia’s solution artifacts to drive awareness and adoption to Enterprise Application Architecture and standards
- Develops migration strategies to close gaps between current and future states of the Enterprise Application Architecture
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
- 5+ years’ experience in technical development, with a focus on architecture and design
- 5+ years’ experience designing and implementing solutions
- 4-year degree from accredited university and/or relevant work experience
- Deep familiarity with the web platform and referenceable experience designing high-scale mobile and responsive desktop browser application architectures
- Ability to work comfortably across browser and server environments, with the expectation and understanding that expertise is biased toward data and frontend concerns
- Comfortable working in complex and large-scale production environments
- A self-starter that works independently, without the need for day-to-day guidance
- Ability to set expectations and hold individuals and team members accountable to agreed-to architecture
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).