Area of Responsibility
- Translates operational and business needs in to technical solutions through leadership
- Leader driving best practices/methodologies in Data Warehousing and Multi-dimensional data modeling (OLAP)
- Leads the development and maintenance of the ETL system with SSIS.
- Solves complex problems through the design and implementation of net-new dev, as well as incremental updating of existing features within the data warehouse
- Acts as a resource and mentor to other colleagues across the larger Applications team
- Guides and trains team members on new technologies and architectural trends in the BI area
- Leads the optimizing efforts related to SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, Queries, Views, Store Procedures, Processes
- Develops and maintain C#, web services and XML within the Data Warehouse
- Works closely with end users, business users, and others to understand and prioritize their needs and goals
- Writes and evolve/iterate on existing documentation and development standards
- Serves as a champion of the Code Review process, and assists Management in establishing Standards and Best Practices
- Rotates within an existing On-Call schedule for support of ETL processing, databases and applications
- Other duties and projects as assigned based on business needs
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
- Understanding and experience with dealing with star schema models in use of a data warehouse
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server administration, stored procedures, query plans, views, etc.
- Visual Studio 2013+, Team Foundation Server, T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS, MDX
- Agile experience is not required, but is a major plus in driving adoption throughout the Application team
- 3-5+ years of experience in Data Warehousing, ETL development and Business Intelligence using Microsoft SQL Server. Relational database and development experience may be substituted for the right candidate providing Data Warehousing concepts can be learned and applied easily.
- 4 year degree from accredited university
- Cloud experience is not required, but is a plus
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
Physical Demands & Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 50 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).