ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Area of Responsibility
- Performance Management Partner
- A financial thought partner to the dealership; develop and maintain positive relationships with store leadership (GM, Sales & Operations) and Manufacturer Representatives
- Ensure dealership is operating within financial guardrails
- Communicates risks and opportunity with operational leaders.
- Ensures financial processes are in place to support new or evolving business initiatives
- Understand manufacturers Excellence Objectives and work with GM to ensure achievement.
- Maximize benefits from manufacturer incentive programs; understand program rules and payment structures, work with GMs to achieve results and work to ensure that the Shared Services team is up to date on program rules.
- Ensure accurate financial reporting
- Ensures compliance with internal controls
- Responsible for accurate store financials Ensures regular reviews of operational income statements, GL activity, supporting schedules and balance sheet accounts.
- Conduct quarterly physical Inventory; vehicles, parts, supplies
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by supervisor
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties
- Meets Dealership Accounting Success Profile
- Shares Lithia’s Core Values
- Delivers timely, detailed and accurate work
- Offers and shares improvement ideas in a results oriented team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Positive Customer Service Attitude
- Ability to influence results
- Promotes a positive culture of accountability and continuous improvement
- Ability to train and develop team members
- Effectively directs works
- Ability to design and implement process improvements
- Continuously seeks opportunities to improve and grow skillsets
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- A team player who is focused on providing exemplary customer service.
- A critical thinker and effective time manager.
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Positive customer service attitude
- Empowered self- leader, accepts responsibility and takes initiative to ensure assigned deliverables are met within acceptable timeframes
- Strong grasp of accounting process and reconciliation
- Ability to quickly review, research and if necessary resolve variances
- Ability to offer solutions or recommendations based on analysis and interpretation of financial results
- Ability to partner with Dealership leadership to drive financial results
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or 5 years commensurate experience (required)
- Experience driving business results through financial interpretation (required)
- Experience leading teams (preferred)
- Auto Industry Experience (preferred)
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).