Dealership Accountant I Intern
Lithia Auto Stores embodies a unique blend of talent, leadership, and professionalism in a culture that embraces our Core Values of Earn Customers for Life, Take Personal Ownership, Improve Constantly, and Have Fun. Come and take the journey with one of the largest and most successful retail automotive teams in the nation.
Dealership Accountant I INTERN
TThe Office Administrator Intern reports to the Office Manager. he Dealership Accountant I Intern is responsible for ensuring all transaction documentation is accurate, complete and processed in a timely manner. This individual is the liaison between the store and Support Services for accounts receivables, DMV and vehicle sales processing. The Office Administrator works closely with the sales staff to collect all required transaction information.
The Office Administrator Intern reports to the Office Manager.
Essential Functions and Duties
Responsibilities include all or part of the following duties (depending on location):
· Maintain and report accurate accounts receivable
o Send receivable payments received at store to Support Services (SS)
o Make daily deposit for Service and Parts departments
o Verify discrepancies of inter company receivables – Lithia stores
o Scan customer AR applications to SS
· Process Accounts Payable in a timely manner
o Scan all Accounts Payable invoices to SS Payables
o Scan all new vendor applications to SS Payables
· Process and track Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) registrations
o Complete DMV & scanning checklist and submit to SS DMV
o Pick up and process DMV
§ Notify customer of plates and registration
o Enter MSO and titles on Vehicle Document Tracking Website and send originals to SS DMV when applicable
o Respond to customer inquiries and forward to SS DMV department when necessary
· Process vehicle sales documentation, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
o Send sales bank package to lender
o Complete Deal Checklist & 8300 section on Closing Statement
o Verify deal information and scan to SS Deal Automation
o Follow up on items from Deal Verification Log
o Maintain deal Tracking Log for Store
o Scan (NVDR/RDR) and back-up documents to SS Deal Automation
o Scan purchases and cancellations of LOF, Service Contracts (MFG & FESC), GAP, LA&H to SS DMS
o Process Dealer Trades by scanning to SS and making extra copy of incoming invoice for sales.
o Collect vehicle receivables
§ Scan contracts in transit (drafts/checks/EFTs) to SS
§ Process customer down payments and deferred down payments
§ Attend vehicle receivable meeting & process reports
§ Code vehicle payments checks/cash/credit cards
o Scan wholesale paperwork to Deal Automation
o Post lender reserves payment received with check
o Audit temporary permits and make monthly adjustment as necessary
o Verify trip permits inventory and make necessary adjustments
o Process all courtesy deliveries
· Accuracy of all paperwork and transactions
· Timeliness of completing paperwork and transactions
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
· Communication skills - communicate information effectively through email or verbally
· Organization skills – remain organized at all times
· Computer skills – basic computer skills
· Accounting knowledge – knowledge of basic accounting principles
· Attention to detail - requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
· Time Management – ability to manage one’s own time and meet all deadlines
· Typing – ability to type efficiently to enter accurate information into tracking system
· Mathematics – ability to solve basic math calculations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
· Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 2/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 1/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time, move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds.
· Working Conditions: Moderate noise, indoor office environment, and considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment.
Lithia Hiring Requirements
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· 18 years or older
· Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
· A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
· Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).