ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Lead the audit of the Lithia’s operating and financial controls, policies, and procedures, including planning, organizing, and audit execution.
- Participate and periodically lead external audit direct assistance work projects.
- Complete the first-level review of staff work product, providing comments and feedback for improvement.
- Assist the Audit Manager and Supervisor in managing the audit team, including assisting in hiring, training, mentoring, and evaluating staff.
- Develop and present team and department trainings.
- Contribute to the scoping of audits and developing detailed audit programs.
- Participate in the identification and evaluation of the organization’s risk areas and work closely with internal departments to ensure that appropriate controls have been designed to mitigate identified risks.
- Assist the Audit Manager and Supervisor with oral and written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of the audit, discuss deficiencies, recommend corrective actions, and assist in appraising the status of changes to be made.
- Meet and exceed the individual objectives as defined by the Audit Manager.
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines.
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Knowledge and understanding of leading business and audit practices.
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB Auditing Standards.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint.
- Experience in CDK, Reynolds & Reynolds, Hyperion Financial Management, and/or TeamMate audit software a plus.
- Time Management - ability to set priorities for self and team, manage timelines, and execute to specified deadlines.
- Perform a variety of work assignments that are complex and broad
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Critical Thinking - ability to use logic, independent thought and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Travel, approximately 10-15%.
- Approximate time split:
- Process Improvement=15-35%;
- Training, Mentoring, Personnel Management=10-15%
- BS/BA degree in accounting from an accredited college or university.
- CPA, CIA or other related certification, or eligible to take the CPA exam.
- 2-5 years of audit experience in public accounting and/or private industry, with a Sarbanes Oxley focus. Big 4 experience a plus.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT LITHIA
- Location! Lithia’s headquarters are located in Medford, Oregon, in the middle of the breathtaking Rogue Valley. We have over 200 days of sunshine annually, and are convenient to the coast, mountain adventures, National Parks, and award-winning theater.
- Great Company Culture. Recognized in 2017 as one of Oregon’s Top Workplaces and Healthiest Employers.
- Work Right-Sized. Genuine work/life balance found here.
- Health Benefits. Medical with FSA and HSA options, dental, and vision.
- Invests in your Future. 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds.
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment.
LITHIA HIRING REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older.
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence.
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment.
- Clear pre-employment drug screen.
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).