ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Conduct audits of the Company’s operating and financial controls, policies, and procedures, using appropriate auditing methods.
- Analyze current practices for opportunities to leverage information technology and computer-aided auditing resources to enhance audit programs.
- Assist the Audit Manager and Director in the development and implementation of a continuous audit program.
- Contribute to the scoping of audits and developing detailed audit programs.
- Participate in the identification and evaluation of the organization’s risk areas.
- Assist the Audit Manager and Director with oral and written presentations to management during and at the conclusion of audits, discuss deficiencies, recommend corrective actions, and assist in appraising the status of changes to be made.
- Assist the Audit Director and external audit firm in conducting audits of general IT controls over in-scope systems.
- Assist IT management in assessing deficiencies in general IT controls, recommending corrective actions, and monitoring completion of related action plans.
- Assist IT management in the evaluation of key considerations related to general IT controls for proposed system implementations or changes to existing systems.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Assist in analytical needs across the organization
- Assist in the identification and utilization of key relationships that are performance (and risk) indicators.
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by the Audit Manager and Director
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- BS/BA degree in accounting or finance, or related relevant field, from an accredited college or university.
- 3 – 7 years of audit experience in public accounting and/or private industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of leading business and audit practices.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, data management, data analysis, and general IT controls.
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, GAAS, SOX and PCAOB Auditing Standards.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to set priorities and perform a variety of complex and broad work assignments.
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- CPA, CIA, CISA or other related certification.
- Experience in ADP and/or TeamMate audit software.
- Big 4 or other public accounting experience.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Generally indoor office setting and occasional outdoor environments.
- Approximately 20 - 30% travel for 18 – 36 months is required.
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).