ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Supervision of Monthly Accounting Processes
- Review all transactions associated with the accounting one of the Company’ management company entities, which includes the accounting for:
- Personal property valuation, depreciation and tax books,
- Company vehicles,
- Vehicle financing loan portfolio,
- Internal wholesale parts sales business and
- Corporate aircraft activity.
- Manage the month-end close process governing the transactions noted above, including the review of the balance sheet and income statement.
- Ensure appropriate accounting based on GAAP is utilized for all transactions.
- Ensure all financial (i.e. SOX) and operational controls are performed and documented effectively.
- Identify, design, and implement process improvements and monitor performance for intended benefits.
- Identify and elevate, as necessary, issues for discussion and consideration with the Assistant Controller and/or Director of Accounting.
- Understand operational / business needs and issues as they relate to the processes noted above, providing solutions to operational and shared services leadership personnel as needed.
- Train dealership accounting and operational personnel on processes noted above.
- Provide customer service operations personnel in line with the Company’s core values.
- Provide training support with the Assistant Controller during the process of acquiring new dealerships.
Team Development and Growth
- Manage staff and monitor productivity to ensure work is completed accurately and timely.
- Provide constructive feedback to develop the team, including providing knowledge from a dealership perspective, to provide a well-rounded understanding of the process(es) being executed.
- Manage staffing levels and hire accountants and administrators, as needed.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Corporate Accounting, Consolidation Accounting, Tax, Dealership Accounting and corporate office leaders.
- Ensure appropriate professional relationships are built and maintained with Corporate Accounting, Consolidation Accounting, Tax and Dealership Office Operations personnel.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Ability to work with high performing personnel,
- Ability to set priorities and work independently,
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and
- Must work effectively with internal and external teams, communicating and participating in a constructive manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university.
- Licensure of, or significant progress towards, a CPA license.
- At least four years of accounting experience, including a superior understanding of GAAP, with at least two years of supervisory experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including the use and development of complex functions and formulas.
- Must exercise independent judgment and care in decision making process.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and independence.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with varying experience, personalities and styles.
- Experience with macros, automation and workflow simplification (i.e. SQL, Visual Basic).
- Experience with large ERP systems (Oracle, SAP, Workday, etc.) desired.
- Other relevant professional certifications (i.e. CMA, CFA, etc.) desired.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds.
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment.
Lithia’s Minimum Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).