ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Claims Management
- Supervise the claims management program to ensure appropriate staffing, effective support to operational teams for insurance-related items, timely handling of reporting claims and cost-effective resolution of claims.
- Build and maintain relationships with claims adjusters, insurers, legal counsel, and other claims related parties
- Manage the relationship with the third-party claims administrator to ensure timely handling of reported workers compensation and property and casualty claims and cost-effective resolution of claims
- Coordinate communication efforts needed in significant insurable events (hail, flood, fire, earthquake, etc.) with all involved departments and stores to quickly and effectively return stores to operations and manage the related insurance claim
- Manage a significant storm claim including coordination of all adjustors and third-parties, gathering of claim support and timely resolution of claim
- Develop and provide periodic reporting on claims activity and effectiveness of the third-party administrator
- Identify opportunities in our claims management process to mitigate risk and streamline the claims process for our stores
- Insurance Program Management
- Manage the annual insurance renewal process working with brokers to ensure accurate and updated exposures are provided to the markets
- Evaluate adequacy of limits and levels of retentions based on historical claims data to determine the effectiveness of the design of our insurance program
- Insurance Trend Reporting
- Prepare monthly reporting for executives related to loss experience and large insured claims
- Identify and analyze risk factors and impact of exposures; make appropriate recommendations to minimize risk
- Develop and implement store training to minimize risk and exposure
- Develop and maintain internal insurance policies and procedures
- Other projects as required
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Commitment - Strives to become a dynamic and dedicated leader who is committed to the standards and mission of Lithia, by providing opportunities for our people to excel and grow in a positive, respectful work environment
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Communication - Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all Store and Support Services personnel.
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
- Innovator - Creates positive change by taking on new challenges and providing solutions to improve current processes that add value
- Must exercise independent judgment and care in decision making process.
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by supervisor
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
- 3-5 years of experience managing workers compensation claims in multiple states
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).