ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Build and maintain business relationships with internal and external peers and colleagues in order to gain insight into business unit strategy and align Data Warehouse Development goals to support their success.
- Work with appropriate management and business unit leadership to help set priorities for the development team.
- Hire talented individuals that align with our culture and live our core values.
- Set priorities and development deadlines for team members, shuffle internal resources and engage external contracting assistance when necessary to meet business goals.
- Elicit and elaborate business requirements, both functional and non-functional, into system requirements from both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Responsible for data discovery and profiling to understand source systems and data movement throughout various systems, drive data mapping requirements needed to integrate with the data warehouse or other systems.
- Assists in User Acceptance Testing and supports quality assurance and testing of new software implementation and ETL enhancements.
- Analyze ETL process for optimization, sighting job run times and up-stream data dependencies.
- Drive solutions in the evaluation of key considerations related to general IT controls for the Enterprise Data Warehouse, and support change management activities.
Strive to always improve the customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate sharing of knowledge.
- Take personal ownership of customers issues, and follow problems through to resolution, ensuring complete and thorough solutions for both internal external customers.
- At all times, demonstrate commitment to live and practice Lithia’s core values.
- Adhere to customer service standards as required by your supervisor.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times through professional personal interactions, verbal exchanges, or in writing.
- Project a professional appearance and attitude at all times, to ensure a positive reflection on computer services.
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by the Director of Information Technology
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- 5 – 7 years of Business Intelligence or Data Warehousing with progressive responsibilities including management.
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehouse and business intelligence design and implementation
- Strong knowledge of SQL, data management, data analysis, and general IT controls.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business concepts and follow that through into technical understanding.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Ability to set priorities and perform a variety of complex and broad work assignments.
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Minimum Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess a driver’s license in your state of residence
- Pass a motor vehicle report
- Pass a 7-year criminal background check
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).