ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Area of Responsibility
- Schedules appointments for service via telephone, e-mail and in person
- Welcome clients when they arrive in the Service Area. Determine the nature of visit and escort the client to the appropriate department/area.
- Inform and introduce the client to the Advisor and explain the nature of the visit. Maintain a consistent level of communication with Service Advisors in order to properly coordinate which advisor is available to meet with the next arriving client.
- Provide information to appropriate store personnel regarding client needs and expectations to help ensure the entire team is prepared to provide the highest level of service to the client.
- Provide administrative support to the staff when necessary.
- Prepare warranty repair orders with accuracy, legibility and compliance to the manufacturers warranty policies and procedures as outlined in appropriate manufacturers Warranty Policy and Procedure Manuals. Process warranty claims in a timely manner, as the repair orders are closed.
- Return improperly completed repair orders to the person originating the document for correction and/or completion as necessary.
- Determine and enter the applicable labor operation codes, failure codes, and/or other required administrative data on the repair orders.
- Book the appropriate technicians for the hours earned on the operations performed. Up-flag and back-flag as appropriate, informing the technician and department management of adjustments as they occur.
- Check each repair order against the vehicles’ service history to avoid processing duplicate claims or submitting claims for shop comebacks.
- Review and process returned/rejected/adjusted warranty claims, track each claim until its final resolution.
- Contact the appropriate warranty claims representative regarding any claims requiring additional authorization or for claims requiring special assistance.
- Maintain a record of all claims submitted, returned/rejected, or paid and their current status.
- Become familiar with, and administer the manufacturers and after-market warranty company policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with the manufacturer’s representatives and the representative of any approved aftermarket company with which the dealership conducts business.
- Responsible for preparing loaner agreements as well as monitoring the loaner fleet for maintenance
- Responsible for monitoring EZ-pass violations and damage to vehicles
- Work with sales managers on when to remove vehicles from the fleet and entering new units to fleet.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Communication skills – communicate effectively with others
- Time Management – ability to manage one’s own time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 2/3 of the time, sitting to 1/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time, move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 50 pounds.
- Working Conditions: Moderate to loud noise and exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR (CONT.)
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
Carbone Auto Group is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free work place. A criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen will be conducted on the final candidate prior to beginning employment.
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).