ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Maintenance Processing – Update all employee information accurately and timely.
- Process new-hires, re-hires and transfers
- Process maintenance requests including direct deposit changes, pay rate changes, position changes, etc.
- Process incoming verification of employment request
- Review maintenance for accuracy
- Perform necessary audits to ensure HRMS Enterprise System reports accurate data
- Scan payroll files for Payroll Specialist processing payroll
- Process manual checks
- Process incoming department mail
- Maintain confidentiality at all times to protect the privacy of employees.
- Ensure wage and hour regulations are followed.
- Limit monthly Payroll Audit errors to five or less.
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines.
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
- PC Skills including knowledge and use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Windows, etc.).
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Prior payroll experience a plus
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Physical Demands: Sitting over 2/3 of the time, walking 1/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time.
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen