ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Area of Responsibility
- Coordinate and define enterprise network requirements (i.e. design and subnetting architecture, configure, install, etc.) to include coordinating with others to determine the scope and objectives of proposed configurations.
- Oversee the timely and accurate analysis of company and third party vendor requirements, evaluating if network configuration is possible with existing resources.
- Develop and implement resilient network backup and recovery to maintain reliable network operating system.
- Develop detailed implementation plans to accommodate network growth, security and enhancements by maximizing functionality of network equipment.
- Regularly monitor all network devices to provide rapid issue resolution and provide reporting metrics as needed.
- Ensure network and systems are stable, secure and resilient to provide maximum uptime to our customers.
- Analyze data traffic patterns within network infrastructure, detecting operational problems and recommending improvements to ensure optimal performance.
- Lead in the technical research and development to enable continuing innovation with the infrastructure.
- Make recommendation to management on enhancements to network that will improve the quality and reliability of network’s performance.
- Provide recommendation of the most cost-effective solution to management, including all cost, procedural and contractual considerations necessary to make decisions.
- Provide network security by configuring routers, switches, firewalls etc. according to company security standards.
- Monitor security measures in place within network perimeter, ensuring security breaches do not occur and information is safeguarded from unauthorized users.
- Provide management with status reports through assigned projects detailing project status and timeline.
- Keep knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Accomplish organization goals by embracing personal ownership for new and different requests, exploring technical opportunities which add IT and business value.
- Open minding to new technologies and willing to reinvent standards and deployment models with proactive engagement in areas of responsibility to ensure the highest level of customer service possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strive to always improve the customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate sharing of knowledge.
- Take personal ownership of customer’s issues, and follow problems through to resolution, ensuring complete and thorough solutions for both internal external customers.
- At all times, demonstrate commitment to live and practice Lithia’s core values.
- Adhere to customer service standards as required by your supervisor.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times through professional personal interactions, verbal exchanges, or in writing.
- Project a professional appearance and attitude at all times, to ensure a positive reflection on computer services.
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by suprvisor.
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines.
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Cisco Certifications CCNP (or Equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 8 years of relevant depth and experience working with Cisco networking equipment deployed in enterprise environnments.
- High Level ability and use of routing protocols (BGB, EIGRP, OSPF) route convergence and AS number usage
- Experience supporting a wide array of networking operating systems and devices ( HP, Dell, Brocade, Sonicwall, Aruba, Ruckus etc. )
- Proficient in MS Office and Visio
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent written, oral and verbal communication skills.
- Keep relevant documentation for all areas of responsibility.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking less than 2/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching less than 1/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place less than 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds.
- Working Conditions: Generally indoor office setting and occasional outdoor environments.
Lithia Minimum Hiring Requirements
- Possess a valid in-state driver's license
- Pass a motor vehicle report and possess an acceptable safe driving record
- Pass a 7-year criminal background check and drug screen
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
We are an exciting, dynamic, and highly successful team and (LAD) a member of NYSE. We continue to grow and expand our footprint through acquisitions of new dealerships in many US markets. We are big community supporters and provide a fun, exciting, and collaborative work place where growth and advancement opportunities abound.
We offer a generous comprehensive compensation and benefits package and all the tools you will need to be successful. Our offerings include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs