ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Lead the Dealership Audit Services Program: Move full speed ahead in branding Internal Audit’s presence in support of the operational initiatives of our competitive, fast-paced industry.
- People Powered: Lead, coach, and provide continuing professional education to a highly-trained group of bright and open-minded auditors who are subject matter experts in the realm of Dealership Audits. Develop success metrics to help measure team effectiveness.
- Drive Results: Take authority and responsibility for fully owning, building, and achieving the annual Dealership Audit plan, including managing the full cycle of risk-assessment, planning, organizing and executing, and finalizing fieldwork.
- Build Relationships: Be the face of the Dealership Audit Services Program and collaborate with both field and executive leadership by understanding and meeting the needs of a broad client base.
- Executive Presence: Communicate findings to senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors through formal audit reports and executive summaries.
- Creative Developer: Ensure Dealership Audit procedures are logical, appropriately sized, and provide value to leadership. Establish and market a Dealership Audit Services rotational program for high-performers within the organization.
- Be Empowered: Develop detailed strategies for how to continue to elevate people, processes, technology, reports, controls and financial results.
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by the Senior Manager and Director of Internal Audit.
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines.
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties.
- Travel approximately 10%-15%.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Knowledge and understanding of leading business and audit practices.
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB Auditing Standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Experience in CDK, Reynolds & Reynolds, and/or TeamMate audit software a plus.
- Ability to set priorities and perform a variety of work assignments that are complex and broad.
- Strong attention to detail, sense of urgency, and resiliency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- BS/BA degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university. Advanced degree preferred.
- CPA strongly preferred. CIA or other related certification considered.
- 5+ years progressively more complex audit and management experience in public accounting and/or private industry. Big Four experience a plus. An existing audit foundation will be critical to the success of the candidate.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT LITHIA
- Location! Lithia’s headquarters are located in Medford, Oregon, in the middle of the breathtaking Rogue Valley. We have over 200 days of sunshine annually, and are convenient to the coast, mountain adventures, National Parks, and award-winning theater.
- Great Company Culture. Recognized in 2017 as one of Oregon’s Top Workplaces and Healthiest Employers.
- Work Right-Sized. Genuine work/life balance found here.
- Health Benefits. Medical with FSA and HSA options, dental, and vision.
- Invests in your Future. 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).