ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Area of Responsibility
- Collaborates cross-departmentally to maintain oversight of the physical environment of all dealerships by assessing conditions through building and safety inspections. This includes, but is not limited to, HVAC, fire and HAZMAT
- Responsible for purchasing, systems maintenance and equipment service
- Designs and oversees preventative maintenance programs.
- Partners with outside vendors for facilities maintenance
- Vendor sourcing, review and contract negotiation
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulatory and accrediting agency standards and guidelines for facilities operations
- Monitors facilities’ needs including utility usage and maintenance issues
- Recommends process improvement as needed to maintain optimal efficiency
- Direct managerial responsibility of leading and mentoring the Corporate Building Manager
- Lead on all corporate facilities in Medford, Oregon
- Oversees and assists with miscellaneous construction and equipment projects and inspections
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by supervisor
- Take personal ownership of assigned duties
- Contribute to team performance by assisting team members as needed
- Adhere to department schedules and deadlines
- Communicate with supervisor if unable to complete assignments
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties
- Contribute to positive team atmosphere
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: ability to communicate with all levels, ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, writes clearly and informatively in various formats.
- Willingness and ability to make timely decisions, exhibiting sound and accurate judgment. Ability to support and explain reasoning for decisions and include appropriate people in the decision-making process.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, constantly-changing work environment and to prioritize (and re-prioritize) based on the changing needs of the business.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
- Ability to effectively lead a team of associates.
- Above average skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Bachelor’s degree and/or proven experience and accomplishments
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in construction and facilities
- Minimum of 5 years in a management position in construction project management with direct reports
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).