- Verify the legal compliance of all forms of public communications coming from Lithia Motors and our dealerships.
- Improve upon existing processes
- Maintain a file system that allows quick access to approved ads and evidence of approval
- Maintain the library of publications and electronic files relevant to the departmental mission
- Become an expert on federal and state automobile advertising laws
- Maintain a reference catalog of state and federal laws
- Continually investigate new Federal and state laws’ that regulate the Web and email broadcasts.
- Monitor the following topics:
- Financial fraud and Truth-In-Lending Act
- Federal Real ID Act
- TCPA Compliance
- USPTO research
- Proofread various LAD projects for spelling and Grammar
- Be an expert on:
- Perform periodic audits on the following:
- Lithia dealership websites
- Lithia craigslist advertisements
- When Lithia expands into new states:
- Investigate advertising laws and develop a compliance guide for each state
- Investigate laws pertaining to our industry for the support other Lithia departments
- Provide support for the goals and responsibilities of other team members.
- Make process recommendations
- Develop quick and simple compliance references for the creative staff
- Provide support for the goals and responsibilities of other team members
- Various other duties not described here.
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Commitment - Strives to become a dynamic and dedicated leader who is committed to the standards and mission of Lithia, by providing opportunities for our people to excel and grow in a positive, respectful work environment
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
- Innovator - Creates positive change by taking on new challenges and providing solutions to improve current processes that add value
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by supervisor
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Thoroughness, accuracy and timeliness in completing essential duties
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
Advanced reading and research skills- An enormous amount of reading is required initially
Advanced business writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Must work effectively with internal and external teams
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
- A / B.S Preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work well independently and in teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Minimum Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess a driver’s license in your state of residence
- Pass a motor vehicle report
- Pass a 7-year criminal background check
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).