ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Strive to always improve the customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate sharing of knowledge.
- Take personal ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution, ensuring complete and thorough solutions.
- At all times, demonstrate commitment to live and practice Lithia’s core values.
- Adhere to customer service standards as required by leadership.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times through professional personal interactions, verbal exchanges, or in writing.
- Project a professional appearance and attitude at all times, to ensure a positive reflection on the organization.
Area of Responsibility
- Provide high level technical assistance for assigned projects and work as a technical liaison with Project Management when needed.
- Utilize specific high level skills and abilities to improve processes and department efficiencies.
- Create/remove logon credentials from various in-house systems including but not limited to Microsoft Active Directory, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Voicemail, Third Party Systems and databases.
- Work from a ticket queue to complete work orders in a timely manner to meet department and customer service objectives.
- Set-up and install peripherals including but not limited to phones (Cisco IPT), PC’s, printers, laptops, monitors/projector units in person or by phone.
- Physically assist with hardware moves (PC’s, monitors, phones, etc).
- Manage training and mentorship of level I, II and II Support Technicians.
- Perform PC maintenance, upgrades, clean up, etc.
- Pull cables and rewire or direct the rewiring of cables as required for new installations and office reconfigurations.
- Assist in instructing dealership employees in the use of standard business and administrative software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; provide instruction or written documentation where/when required
- Acts as a technical resource to assist users to resolve problems with equipment and IT-related issues
- Make recommendations regarding hardware and software acquisitions
- Contribute to maintaining current and accurate documentation and procedures.
- Provide prompt and effective problem-solving and troubleshooting when system failures or dysfunctions occur.
- Provide support for the vendors’ application/system/services; lead and follow up with the problems related to vendors’ application/system/services
- Assist outsource providers, including factory technical team, to implement solutions or notify them of any issues as required.
- Act as a technical lead for offsite work such as acquisitions, divestitures, construction projects, moves, etc.
- Coordinate with Support to provide server and network maintenance
- Communicate effectively with co-workers, subordinates, superiors, outside IT related vendors and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
- Assist with the planning, design, research and acquisition of new or upgraded hardware and software systems, maintains current knowledge of hardware, software and network technology and recommends modifications as necessary.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by leadership.
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines.
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties.
- Ability to maintain a high level of trust and confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Mature time management skills to provide the most efficient service.
- Always anticipate the customer’s needs in order to create a welcoming experience.
- Continuous self-improvement through personal growth.
- Personal ownership for actions and results.
- Promote a healthy and fun working environment amongst team members.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- 8+ years’ knowledge or work experience in an IT or computer related environment.
- Extensive working knowledge of computer hardware such as laptops, desktop computers, printers, etc.
- Ability to assist with IT related special projects requiring basic systems planning, scripting and/or development.
- Basic working knowledge of networks, protocols, VoIP systems, servers, etc.
- Ability to work with a high level of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- A team player who is professional and focused on providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to articulate and troubleshoot issues over the phone and in person.
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and processes to non-technical users.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
- AA or BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent higher education.
- 8+ years’ of hands-on experience as a Help Desk/Call Center/Field Technician.
- 8+ years’ experience providing Customer Service and support via phone or in person.
- 8+ years’ experience with Windows OS (XP, 7, 10), Microsoft Office applications
- MAC/Apple iOS experience preferred
- Understanding technical aspects of LAN/WAN networks and VoIP.
- Microsoft (or related) Certification required (MCP, MTA, MCSA, CompTIA A+. Network+ etc).
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
- Ability to work alternate work schedules including weekends and some holidays.
- Frequent travel both within an immediate regional area and to other locations to provide technical assistance and leadership when needed.
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).