The Used Vehicle Manager is responsible for the appraisal, purchase, reconditioning, display and merchandising of the used vehicle inventory.
Sales Team Training and Development
- Train sales team daily using meeting-in-a-box, role-play, product demonstrations and product quizzes to ensure Sales representatives are well versed in the sales process and manufacturer product knowledge.
- Walk the lot every day with the sales team to ensure complete knowledge of vehicle prices and overall condition of inventory, advertising, banners and area grounds.
- Build effective sales team by communicating expected performance standards, monitoring performance, identifying development needs, coaching and mentoring
- Meet and greet all customers early in sales process and stay actively involved throughout process
- Determine vehicle purchase terms, payment, interest, and trade values to customers following guarantee guidelines
- If utilizing Car Center, inspect vehicle and complete appraisal request process. Present purchase value to customer and ensure all customers have option to purchase as part of sales process.
- Present vehicle protection packages to consumer
- Secure financing for customers by utilizing professional relationships with lenders and working with them to get the best financing available
- Submit deals to bank electronically using appropriate dealer system (where applicable)
- Coordinate dealer trade requests initiated by customer
- Address and resolve customer concerns. Escalate issues as needed to General Manager
- Participate in store meetings including, but not limited to: Sales Receivables, Save-A-Deal, and Store Manager meetings
- Ensure exact customer counts and logging of all customer contact into LSMS. Include all showroom traffic, service customer inquiries, internet leaders, and incoming sales phone calls.
- Other duties and administrative items as requested
Used Vehicle Inventory
- Used vehicle inventory must be valued at or below current competitive wholesale markets.
- Used vehicles must be properly reconditioned according to Lithia’s minimum requirement for reconditioning
- Ensure sales goals are attained
- Used vehicles must be properly reconditioned
- Must have a proven track record with an exceptional CSI
- Manage daily activity of the sales staff using LSMS
- Ensure sales people are engaging with customers
- Strong communication and customer engagement skills
- Develop an effective sales team through training and performance standards
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
We are an exciting, dynamic, and highly successful team and (LAD) a member of NYSE. We continue to grow and expand our footprint through acquisitions of new dealerships in many US markets. We are big community supporters and provide a fun, exciting, and collaborative work place where growth and advancement opportunities abound.
We offer a generous comprehensive compensation and benefits package and all the tools you will need to be successful. Our offerings include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs
Lithia Auto Stores is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free work place. A criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen will be conducted on the final candidate prior to beginning employment.
Used Vehicle Manager – Automotive Sales Manager