ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Maintenance Processing – Update all employee information accurately and timely.
- Process new-hires, re-hires and transfers
- Process maintenance requests including direct deposit changes, pay rate changes, position changes, etc.
- Process incoming verification of employment request
- Review maintenance for accuracy
- Perform necessary audits to ensure HRMS Enterprise System reports accurate data
- Scan payroll files for Payroll Specialist processing payroll
- Process manual checks
- Process incoming department mail
- Maintain confidentiality at all times to protect the privacy of employees.
- Ensure wage and hour regulations are followed.
- Limit monthly Payroll Audit errors to five or less.
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines.
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
- PC Skills including knowledge and use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Windows, etc.).
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Prior payroll experience a plus
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen