The Warranty Administrator prepares, submits and tracks warranty repair orders and claims according to Lithia and manufacturer policies. They are responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of these items to ensure the service department receives proper credit and monies due.
- Prepare warranty repair orders with accuracy, legibility and compliance to the manufacturers warranty policies and procedures as outlined in appropriate manufacturers Warranty Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Return improperly completed repair orders to the person originating the document for correction and/or completion as necessary.
- Determine and enter the applicable labor operation codes, failure codes, and/or other required administrative data on the repair orders.
- Book the appropriate technicians for the hours earned on the operations performed. Up-flag and back-flag as appropriate, informing the technician and department management of adjustments as they occur.
- Check each repair order against the vehicles’ service history to avoid processing duplicate claims or submitting claims for shop comebacks.
- Process all warranty claims in a timely manner, as the repair orders are closed.
- Review and process all returned/rejected/adjusted warranty claims, track each claim until its final resolution.
- Contact the appropriate warranty claims representative regarding any claims requiring additional authorization or for claims requiring special assistance.
- Maintain a record of all claims submitted, returned/rejected, or paid and their current status.
- Become familiar with and administer the manufacturers and after-market warranty company policies and procedures.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with the manufacturer’s representatives and the representative of any approved aftermarket company with which the dealership conducts business.
- Report any abuse or possible fraudulent manipulation of warranty claims or repairs to department management.
- Monitor the use of special warranty programs for diagnosis time, straight time repairs, etc. for abuse by the service sales and /or technical staff.
- Ensure that all deductibles are properly documented so they are collected from the customer at the time of delivery.
- Establish and maintain a record and control of the physical inventory of parts to be returned, inspected, or scrapped by the manufacturer.
- Provide a daily report to the Service Manager regarding claims status. Point out any claims requiring special attention.
- Arrive and depart from work at the hours designated by the service management.
- Report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its employees or customers.
- Back-up service cashier as needed.
- Answer phones promptly and in a friendly manner using the Lithia phone protocol.
- Maintain organized and clean work area
Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
Active Listener and Critical Thinker.
Solid time management skills.
High school graduate or equivalent
18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and a valid driver’s license in your state of residence
We are an exciting, dynamic, and highly successful team and (LAD) a member of NYSE. We continue to grow and expand our footprint through acquisitions of new dealerships in many US markets. We are big community supporters and provide a fun, exciting, and collaborative work place where growth and advancement opportunities abound.
We offer a generous comprehensive compensation and benefits package and all the tools you will need to be successful. Our offerings include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs
Lithia Auto Stores is an equal opportunity employer and a drug free work place. A criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen will be conducted on the final candidate prior to beginning employment.