ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Conduct FLSA reviews to ensure company compliance.
- Review Federal and State Wage and Hour and tax laws and align pay philosophies accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with government requirements, ie: ERISA, DOL, IRS, including Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
- Assist with Payroll and Benefit internal and external audits.
- Maintain Wage & Hour Binder and Documents.
- Complete the compensation disclosure about compensation paid to CEO, CFO and certain other high-ranking executive officers of Lithia Motors for the company’s annual proxy statement.
Compensation Analysis & Strategy
- Assist with the evaluation, recommendation and implementation of pay and benefit programs through research and analysis of benefit/compensation trends.
- Develop and prepare marketing/education on compensation and benefit packages.
- Develop statistical analysis, data modeling reports, and data for management.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement to existing processes and procedures.
- Utilizing store performance and Store Performance Expectation (SPE), review compensation plans that will allow the stores to remain profitable and within their budgets.
- Working with Management, evaluate newly created and updated positions by establishing compensation ranges.
- Participate in both exempt and nonexempt salary surveys and market analysis to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Complete annual company pay grade evaluations and assisting in updating the HRMS system.
- Provide other related compensation projects as required or requested.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times to protect the privacy of employees.
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines.
- Identify and report problems to appropriate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
- PC Skills including knowledge and use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Windows, etc.).
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Prior compensation experience a plus
COMPENSATION ANALYST I (CONT.)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 2/3 of the time, sitting, using hands to finger, handle or feel to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 1/3 of time, driving vehicle 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time, lifting 1/3 of time up to 50 pounds.
- Working Conditions: Moderate noise, indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment.
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen