- Use project management skills to manage project roles, identify resource requirements, meet training needs, define project deliverables, provide customer satisfaction and reporting structures and insure quality of projects
- Work with team/customer to develop project scope of work documents and project plans that include an analysis of benefit, cost, work schedule and any related risks
- Define the responsibilities of parties involved in the project including customers, management, IT management, project team, vendors and others affected by the project
- Document opportunities to integrate systems and resources to fulfill project requirements
- Work with team to identify and coordinate new IT system developments and/or enhancements
- Ensure effective communication and relationship between customers and project team members is maintained
- Provide team leadership on individual pr Assign and check work. Provide effective input on hiring and evaluating team members.
- Identify, track, monitor and communicate project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the implementation of IT pr Facilitate amicable solutions with the appropriate customer(s).
- Assigns, schedules, trains, reviews, and monitors project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within Mentors and provides expertise to other project team members
- Develop IT system review schedules, audits and acceptance tests for each phase of a project
- Organize and conducts project team meetings
Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by supervisor
Adhere to schedules and deadlines
Thoroughness, accuracy and timeliness in completing essential duties
- Must exercise independent judgment and care in decision making pr
- Maintain a high level of integrity and independence
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all Store and Support Services personnel
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
Excellent communication skills both written and oral
Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Minimum Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).