- DMV, Assumed Business Names, OCCC, Emission and Smog Station, City Licenses: Research complex laws/regulations and complete involved paperwork to obtain licenses and then maintain compliance with city and state licensing requirements: i.e. acquisitions; divestitures; relocations; name; officer; line/make, and GM changes; etc. In charge of maintenance of an Excel database of all licenses. Responsible for processing all license renewal applications to assure timely renewal before license expiration
- Bonds: Responsible for the initial ordering and accuracy of bonds necessary for licensing applications
- Complete General Manager changes, with knowledge and understanding of each manufacturer’s requirements
- Coordinate, review and approve all applications and additional documents submitted by the General Manager candidate prior to submittal to manufacturers
- Communicate and coordinate with manufacturer representatives on approval of the General Manager candidate
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of a database to monitor all General Manager changes
- Assisting in the completion of detailed and often complex franchise applications required by the various manufacturer offices as the result of the acquisition of a new store or renewal of the franchise agreements
- Maintaining a level of communication with manufacturer offices with regards to their requests for information associated with franchise agreements and application packages
- Developing and maintaining relationships with third party dealers during acquisitions and divestures process
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by supervisor
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen