ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Area of Responsibility
- Maintains cash forecasting and reporting model, including dashboards, working capital scenario modeling, forecast variance analysis, and monthly liquidity forecasting.
- Ensures company’s cash needs are met; initiates draws and repayments of the Company’s credit facility.
- Supports development of certain financial reporting disclosures related to corporate treasury activities.
- Lead the budgeting, reporting, and analysis of bank fees, credit card transactions and interest expense.
- Review various debt agreements to ensure compliance with covenants and reporting requirements.
- Identify and analyze financial exposures and work support the Senior Treasury Manager in developing appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Identify target capital structure and generate relevant reporting for senior manager to monitor the cost of capital.
- Provides evaluation and analysis of company banking needs including the administration of electronic banking user access and authorized signor changes, and the periodic review of accounts, structures, and related statuses in order to optimize fees and efficiencies.
- Provides support and works with their direct supervisor in planning for acquisitions by reviewing information related to cash and debts, including new bank accounts, mortgages and other related items, as well as communication to appropriate personnel; ensure all treasury issues are identified prior to completion of the transaction.
- Complete bank reconciliations for various cash and floorplan debt accounts ensuring accuracy and analysis of large or unusual reconciling items.
- Performs month-end procedures including fluctuation analysis of cash related general ledger accounts, interest, and related entries.
- Maintains communication with Corporate Accounting and Finance teams in order to facilitate and ensure the company’s timely and effective month-end close.
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by supervisor
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- CTP, CPA or candidate eligible for the exam desired
- 2-4 years of previous experience in a related role
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).