ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Areas of Responsibility
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues. Communicates information to manager so that the team can respond as necessary to create the Third Place environment during each shift.
- Assists with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed. Provides feedback to store manager on partner performance during shift.
- Contributes to positive team environment by recognizing alarms or changes in partner morale and performance and communicating them to the store manager.
- Creates a positive learning environment by providing clear, specific, timely and respectful coaching and feedback to partners on shift to ensure operational excellence and to improve partner performance.
- Delivers legendary customer service to all customers by acting with a customer comes first attitude and connecting with the customer. Discovers and responds to customer needs.
- Develops positive relationships with shift team by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts. Organizes opening and closing duties as assigned.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
- Follows all cash management and cash register policies and ensures proper cash management practices are followed by shift team.
- Follows up with baristas during the shift to ensure the delivery of legendary customer service for all customers.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards. Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and by collaborating with store manager to find new, creative, and effective methods of recognition.
- Utilizes operational tools to achieve operational excellence during the shift.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by supervisor
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- Meet store operating policies and standards, including providing quality beverages and food products, cash handling and store safety and security.
- One (1) year of customer service experience in a retail or restaurant environment.
- Six (6) months of experience in a position that required constant interacting with and fulfilling the requests of customers.
- At least six (6) months of experience delegating tasks to other employees and/or coordinating the tasks of two (2) or more employees.
- Comply with, coach and model a dress code that prohibits displaying tattoos, piercings in excess of two per ear, and unnatural hair colors, such as blue or pink.
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (CONT.)
- Prepare and coach the preparation of food and beverages to standard recipes or customized for customers, including recipe changes such as temperature, quantity of ingredients or substituted ingredients.
- Quick learner and critical thinker.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- A team leader who is focused on providing exemplary customer service
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build relationships and direct the work of others.
- An Associates or Bachelors degree in business or hospitality management is a plus.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 2/3 of the time, sitting to 1/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 40 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor environment, outdoor retail space, considerable use of position specific equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
A COPY OF THE CORE COMPETENCIES MUST BE PRESENTED WITH THIS JOB DESCRIPTION