Essential Functions and Duties
- Produce billable labor on the vehicles brought into the Service Department for detail.
- Set completion times for the jobs assigned to the production group.
- Dispatch work to all the group members in a fair and equitable manner.
- Manage the group to achieve high levels of overall group production.
- Maintain a high standard of quality workmanship for the labor performed by every group member.
- Work with each group member to ensure their performance at or near their individual production objectives.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness, grooming, and uniform appearance for the entire group.
- Meet with the Service Manager at least once a week to discuss:
- Each Detailer's performance vs. objectives
- Personnel issues
- Detailer Staff Recruiting, Training and Development
- The Group Leader is responsible for production and quality control
- Staff their group in order to optimize customer opportunities and productivity.
- Ensure their detailer’s are properly trained and have the breadth of experience necessary to cover customer needs.
- Develop staff by setting and communicating performance/production expectations, monitoring performance, identifying development needs, coaching and mentoring.
- Customer Engagement
- Resolve customer requests, questions and concerns in a professional, friendly, and prompt manner.
- Develop a production plan each month
- Meet with each technician every day and review performance to objective
- Report to the service manager the results of the interviews and develop an action plan for any issues that need to be addressed.
- Ensure that all manufacturer and dealership policies and procedures are followed.
- Install disposable seat covers, steering wheel cover, and floor mats in vehicles arriving for service.
- Responsible for cleaning of the exterior and interior of the vehicle.
- Clean engine and engine compartments
- Responsible for preparation and applications of vehicle protection packages.
- Restoring appearance of vehicles to new or like-new condition to the best of your ability.
- Retrieve customer vehicles from the parking lot when their bill is paid or as directed.
- Review repairs before delivering vehicle to customer to ensure quality of work.
- Maintain the parking lot in a neat and organized manner.
- Inspect and maintain the cleanliness, organization and appearance of all service areas in accordance with state and federal OSHA laws to ensure a professional, safe environment for customers and employees.
- Report to management any situation or condition that jeopardizes the safety, welfare, or integrity of the dealership, its employees or customers.
- Administrative Functions
- Hold daily and monthly staff meetings as required covering key information.
- Receive, communicate and hold staff accountable to policy and procedure requirements and updates.
- Other administrative duties as required
- Arrive at work on time, take breaks and lunch, and depart work at the times designated by management, using eTime to document.
- Maintain a valid local area driver’s license and immediately inform management of any changes in its status.
- Thoroughness and timeliness in completing essential duties.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Teaching – skilled at teaching others how and why to perform their job.
TEAM LEAD – DETAIL (CONT.)
- Presentation skills - ability to present information in a clear and professional manner.
- Time Management – manage one’s own time and time of others.
- Basic computer skills
- Attention to details
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 2/3 of the time, sitting to 1/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time, move, transport or place up to 2/3 of time up to 50 pounds, safe driving based on current conditions and applicable laws.
- Working Conditions: Loud noise and exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Some conditions vary depending on the physical structure and layout of the location. These specifics should be reviewed with your manager.
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This job description applies only to the specific employing entity and location of an individual’s employment. This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).