DATA WAREHOUSE SPECIALIST
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Area of Responsibility
- Translating operational and business needs into technical solutions.
- Knowledge of best practices/methodologies in Data Warehousing and Multi-dimensional data modeling (OLAP)
- Proficiently in ETL development and maintenance with SSIS.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server administration, stored procedures, query plans, etc.
- Experience with C#, web services and XML development
- Visual Studio 2013+, Team Foundation Server, T-SQL, SSRS
- Develop and maintain documentation and development standards
- Conduct Code Reviews and assist Management in establishing Standards and Best Practices.
- Rotate with On-Call schedule for support of databases and applications.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Strive to always improve the customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate sharing of knowledge.
- Take personal ownership of customers issues, and follow problems through to resolution, ensuring complete and thorough solutions for both internal and external customers.
- At all times, demonstrate commitment to live and practice Lithia’s core values.
- Adhere to customer service standards as required by your supervisor.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times through professional personal interactions, verbal exchanges, or in writing.
- Project a professional appearance and attitude at all times, to ensure a positive reflection on computer services
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by supervisor
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
- 3-5+ years of experience in Data Warehousing, ETL development and Business Intelligence using Microsoft SQL Server. Relational Database experience may be substituted for the right candidate providing Data Warehousing concepts can be learned and applied easily.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 2/3 of the time, sitting to 1/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place 2/3 of time up to 50 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment
Lithia Minimum Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 18 years or older Possess a valid in-state driver's license
- Pass a motor vehicle report and possess an acceptable safe driving record
- Pass a 7 year criminal background check and drug screen
The above objectives and explanations are being presented to identify what is expected of you in this position. There are many other details and specifics involved in your responsibilities; however, in terms of areas by which you will be reviewed, these are the key issues. The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in this position.