- Be a teacher and coach to the 75+ marketing professionals that comprise Lithia Marketing and strongly mentor them to become more competent, motivated marketing professionals.
- Partner with Sr. team members to produce strategic marketing programs that help Lithia’s various auto franchises serve their local markets better than their competitors, inside and outside the industry.
- Build upon and strengthen Lithia’s culture among employees, customers and communities across the US.
- Supervise creative development for consistency and synergy in communications.
- Coordinate multi-channel communications on behalf of Lithia Motors Inc.’s 150+ auto stores.
- Protect and build value in the Lithia Motors brand, divisional brands and each individual store’s brand.
- Lead the Project Management Team to be experts in their respective franchises’ brands and marketing programs.
- Partner in automating retail content to accelerate time to market, and to exceed the presence and quality of our competitors.
- Innovate retail marketing strategies that make buying and servicing a vehicle effortless (easier and faster) for our customers.
- Working knowledge of and streamlining programs; CarMojo (used vehicle acquisition), Affinity Marketing programs and online only retail platforms
- Partner on corporate marketing strategies including acquisitions, recruitment, investor relations, community relations, employee communications and public relations
- Partner in the development of Lithia’s Customer Warehouse
- The ability to unite people in support of a vision and purpose.
- The talent to lead people from different groups (I.T., Operations, Finance, Marketing) to accomplish large scale projects.
- Resourceful, problem-solver
- The insight to be the voice of the consumer.
- The understanding to reflect and articulate Lithia’s customer-focused culture.
- Aptitude to earn trust and build rapport quickly to be recognized as a credible leader and marketing expert among team and store leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Marketing or related field
- 7 - 10 years’ experience in marketing, communications and related industries
- Knowledge of automotive industry preferred
- Evidence of experience successfully managing teams
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Critical Thinking – ability to hear many viewpoints, identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, and choose the best solution.
- Judgement- putting the needs of our stores, our customers and our team members first.
- Time Management – ability to lead multiple teams and project simultaneously.
- Partnership – a desire to work with Lithia team members and external partners to achieve our objectives.
- Continuous Improvement – a passion to increase efficiency as our company grows.
Lithia Minimum Hiring Requirements
- Four-Year College Degree from an accredited institution.
- 18 years or older
- Possess a driver’s license in your state of residence
- Pass a motor vehicle report
- Pass a 7-year criminal background check
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).