ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Area of Responsibility
- Serve as an expert marketing resource for store managers. Educate, and encourage stores in a professional manner that generates optimism and buy-in for marketing strategies, programs, products and events developed by the marketing department.
- Maintain sufficient contact and communication with store leaders to discern actionable sales and growth opportunities. Be intimately aware of relevant customer, industry, market, competitive inventory and store knowledge in order to recommend appropriate marketing strategies.
- Work with each store general manager to build, maintain and refine a 12-month marketing communications plan in accordance with identified marketing strategies to achieve store goals.
- Work with the LAD utilizing Marketing performance reports to make evidence based marketing decision going forward. Each campaign should have a desired ROI and tracked for effectiveness and attainment of ROI.
- Partner with internal project manager/s within creative services to create project briefs, lead creative project meetings and cooperatively manager projects to timely and accurate completion.
- Other duties as assigned
- Meet and exceed individual objectives as defined by supervisor
- Commitment, thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties.
- The successful adoption and maintenance of identified marketing strategies by your stores.
- Meet individual store traffic objectives.
- Maintain the satisfaction of your store leaders.
- Adhere to schedules and deadlines
- Thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness in completing essential duties
ADDITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are needed to be successful in this position:
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Budget analysis and solid problem solver.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Passionate about applying multi-disciplined marketing strategies to sell cars and satisfy customers.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Active Listening – give full attention to the words and body language of others, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
- Experience with online and social marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or Advertising or commensurate experience is required.
- Desire to understand/experience how the various facets of retail marketing come together in a cohesive, strategic plan.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).