WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Supervise monthly consolidataion process, which includes managing of adjustments recorded to reflect GAAP financial results, and the monthly GAAP financial reporting package which includes the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, and various financial metrics. In addition, you will be responsible for preparation of the external reporting documents including the 10-Q, 10-K, along with Press Release Statements and Investor Relations Materials.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Must have Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent.
- CPA Required
- Must exercise independent judgment and care in decision making process.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and independence.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all Store and Support Services personnel.
- Knowledge and understanding of leading business and accounting practices.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP, GAAS, and PCAOB Auditing Standards.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to set priorities and perform a variety of complex and broad work assignments.
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Critical Thinking – using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management – ability to prioritize workload and manage one’s own time
- Strong organizational skills
- Integrity - Acts ethically, maintaining a commitment to honesty and truth in all facets of behavior that builds the trust of others
- Work Ethic - Delivers accurate, timely and consistent results while understanding the need to balance short-term sacrifice for long-term gain
- Commitment - Strives to become a dynamic and dedicated leader who is committed to the standards and mission of Lithia, by providing opportunities for our people to excel and grow in a positive, respectful work environment
- Team Player - Supports the overall efforts of the team to accomplish departmental and Company goals and objectives
- Team Builder - Acts as a role model within the department in all facets of assigned job duties, while effectively providing feedback to team members and earning respect as a leader
- Innovator - Creates positive change by taking on new challenges and providing solutions to improve current processes that add value
- Supervise monthly consolidation process. This process includes the managing of all top side adjustments recorded to reflect GAAP financial results and the monthly production of the GAAP financial reporting package including the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement and various financial metrics.
- Ensure consolidation and top-side adjustments are recorded
- Ensure appropriate GAAP accounting is applied to the consolidated financial results
- Manage the performance of annual analytics including assumptions used to calculate and record top-side entries, impairment testing on assets (long-lived assets, franchise value and goodwill), reserves associated with cancellation and chargebacks and recognition timing for deferred revenue.
- Develop an understanding of the operational process and ensure adjustments result in the appropriate application of GAAP accounting
- Review the analysis performed, appropriateness of data used and accuracy of results
- Work with the external auditors as they perform their audit and review of the analytics
- Manage the preparation of external reporting documents including the 10-Q, 10-K, press release and investor relations materials.
- Author the SEC reporting documents incorporating all required disclosure
- Review the preparation of data tables for external reporting documents
- Review the XBRL tagging associated with 10-Q and 10-K documents
- Assist in various technical accounting projects as required
- Perform purchase price allocation of assets and liabilities assumed in acquisitions
- Determine appropriate accounting for any new or unusual transactions that occur
- Manage the development of the consolidation accounting team
- Manage staff to ensure work is completed accurately and timely
- Promote and mentor CPA candidates
- Ensure all financial and operational controls are performed effectively
- Other projects as required
- This person is responsible for direct supervision, training, and review.
- This person is responsible for compensation and your annual review.
- This person will assist in your career development process.
- This position requires a minimum of 5 days of scheduled time weekly.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking over 1/3 of the time, sitting to 2/3 of time, kneeling/crouching to 2/3 of time, reaching with hands and arms to 2/3 of time, talking or hearing over 2/3 of time; move, transport or place up to 1/3 of time up to 25 pounds
- Working Conditions: Indoor office environment, considerable use of telephone, computer and other office equipment
Lithia Hiring Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license in state of residence
- A criminal history background check will be conducted prior to beginning employment
- Clear pre-employment drug screen
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
We are an exciting, dynamic, and highly successful team and (LAD) a member of NYSE. We continue to grow and expand our footprint through acquisitions of new dealerships in many US markets. We are big community supporters and provide a fun, exciting, and collaborative work place where growth and advancement opportunities abound.
We offer a generous comprehensive compensation and benefits package and all the tools you will need to be successful. Our offerings include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs
Technical Accounting Manager
#SS #PM16 #CB